This chicken fajitas recipe is mouth watering and very easy to make. The chicken is marinated for a minimum of two hours and up to overnight which makes it very flavorful.
Fajitas are Mexican meals that are composed of beef, chicken or shrimp and onions and peppers. They are satisfying and very flavorful.
The marinade that we will use in this recipe is made with lemon, scallions, garlic and chili pepper. You can go ahead and omit the chili pepper if you do not like the heat. We will be using chicken breast which will benefit tremendously from the marinade making it tender and juicy.
1 whole skinless, boneless chicken breast
FOR THE MARINADE:
1/4 cup olive oil + 1 TBS for making the fajitas
1 lemon – juiced
2 scallions – chopped
1 jalapeño – chopped
3 garlic cloves – chopped
2 TBS chopped cilantro
1 TBS salt + more to season the veggies
8 corn tortillas
1/2 large yellow onion – sliced
1 large bell pepper – sliced into long strips
1 small tomato – diced
Sour cream and chopped cilantro for garnish
• Rinse and pat dry the chicken boneless chicken breast.
• Using a sharp knife butterfly the breasts through the middle. Cut the chicken into thin (1/2 inch slices). Set aside.
• In a bowl, whisk together ¼ cup olive oil with 1 juiced lemon, 2 chopped scallions, 1 chopped jalapeño, 3 chopped garlic cloves, ½ a bunch of cilantro and 1 TBS salt.
• Place the chicken strips in a bag you can seal. Add the marinade and mix well. Remove all the air, seal the bag and marinade for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
• Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap the corn tortillas in aluminum foil and warm for 10 to 15 minutes while you are prepping the fajitas.
• Heat a sauté pan with some olive oil. Add the onion, bell pepper and some salt and black pepper to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until veggies are cooked but remain crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
• Add some more olive oil to your pan and heat. Remove chicken from bag and cook until lightly browned. Season with salt & pepper. If necessary discard any rendered liquid so meat does not boil. Return the cooked veggies to the pan. Add a small diced tomato. Mix well.
• Place 2 tortillas on top of each other. Spoon in chicken and veggies and fold. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream & chopped cilantro.
• Serve and enjoy!
CALORIES 274.03; FAT 6.59 grs (sat 1.07; mono 3.26; poly 1.32); PROTEIN 17.44 grs ; FIBER 6.09 grs; CARBS 38.38 grs; CHOLESTEROL 37.75 mg; IRON 1.63 mg; SODIUM 688.13 mg; CALCIUM 88.63 mg
Print your recipe here –